North Myrtle Beach Christian School exists to bring glory to the Lord Jesus Christ in every facet of its existence. This is accomplished by training our students to the highest academic rigors each individual can achieve, bringing a biblical worldview to the forefront of all courses offered, and then promoting a transformation in our student’s lives so that they might impact their world both local and abroad. The school provides primarily college preparatory and honors courses, but strives to make all students successful in their calling whether to University, military, or the workplace.
Our mission at NMBCS is to see students transformed by the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ so that they may impact their world. Our mission statement, “Transforming Students, Impacting the World”, is not simply a memorable slogan, but a culture of this educational institution. We believe Romans 12:2 when it states, “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will” as well as Philippians 2:14-15 which states, “Do everything without grumbling and arguing, so that you may be blameless and pure, children of God who are faultless in a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine like stars in the world.” These two verses are the driving force behind everything we do. It is our mission to see students’ lives changed and subsequently serve the Lord Jesus Christ throughout their lives.
Statement of Faith
Each Board, teacher, and staff member of North Myrtle Beach Christian School, having accepted Jesus Christ as personal Savior, ascribes to the doctrinal position of North Myrtle Beach Christian School. We believe:
- The Scriptures (2 Timothy 3:16) The Bible is the inspired Word of God, the written record of His supernatural revelation, final in its content, and without any errors in its teachings. The Old and New Testaments are the supreme and final authority for faith and life.
- The Godhead (Matthew 28:19, 1 Corinthians 8:6, 2 Corinthians 13:14)
God is one God, who reveals Himself in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The Scriptures declare the deity of all three, the Trinity.
- The Lord Jesus Christ (Matthew 26:64, Luke 1:34-35, Luke 23, John 20:23-27, Acts 1:11, Hebrews 9:28, Revelation 1:7) Jesus as the Son of God and the Son of man, born of a virgin birth. His eternal existence as God.
His death on the cross as the sacrificial atonement for our sin. His resurrection from the dead on the third day
His present ministry of intercession in heaven. His personal and visible return to earth in the future
- The Holy Spirit (John 14:25-26, Acts 1:8, Galatians 5:16-25, Colossians 2:6)
The Teacher, Counselor, Reminder of all Scripture guides each Christ-follower in daily living
Convicts men of sin and sets apart and indwells all believers;
Empowers all believers to live in the present power of the Spirit
- Mankind (Genesis 1:27, Genesis 3, Romans 3:23)
God created man in His own image. Adam succumbed to the sin of disobedience, cursing all mankind.
All men need redemption
- Salvation (John 1:12-13, Acts 15:9, 1 Corinthians 15:3, 2 Corinthians 5:7, Ephesians 1:7)
By grace, a free gift from God, not earned in any way
Comes through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and forgiver of all sins
All who are saved by grace are made new creatures and life change is visible.
All who are saved become children of God.
- The Future (Revelation 1:7, Matthew 25:41, John 3:16, Revelation 21:8)
Jesus Christ will return to earth. The children of God will live in the glorious presence of God for all eternity.
Those whose names are not written in the Lamb’s Book of Life will receive everlasting punishment in the lake of fire.